Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

AHHHH.. Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies.  This is my favorite recipe!  It's even healthy (well at least I think it is).  Now you have no excuse to make them.  

The Cookie

1 cup butter and 1 cup coconut oil (or just use all coconut oil)
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
5 cups old-fashioned oats, ground to flour in a food processor or blender
1 package white chocolate chips
1 package dark chocolate chips 
1 package milk chocolate chips

Cream butter/coconut oil and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix.  Then add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and then the ground oats.  Last and most important in my book, the chocolate chips!!

I use a cookie scoop and place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

This makes about 6 dozen cookies. 







I only bake about half.  I then line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place as many of the scooped cookie dough onto one cookie sheet and place in the freezer for about 1/2 hour.  Once hard enough to move, I place about 12 into a small zip lock bag and then stuff those baggies into a larger zip lock bag.   I right what it is the date and the baking instructions.  It is perfect when you need a quick snack or dessert for someone.


Now, the what not to do



I wanted little chippers like the ones you find at Paradise Bakery.  I should of just did little scoops onto a cookie sheet.  I decided that it would be cool to use my mini cup cake pan.  I greased it well and placed the cookies in.  Well they cooked fine, the just didn't come out of the pan so well.   You win some and you loose some!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment