Monday, June 3, 2013

DIY Wall Art

I need something to cover a blank wall.  I need to make it inexpensive and quick.
What to do??
I built this canvas about 10 years ago.  I was bored with what I had painted on it back then.  So I spray painted over it with gray spray paint. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Found some old material that I had tied into a long strand.
 
 
 
 
Wrapped it around the canvas in no particular order and started to spray paint.  I used turquoise (official name: Island paradise) spray paint.  For some reason I have recently really loved this color.
 
 
 
 
I sprayed turning the canvas after each coat, so I could get each side. 
 
 
 
 
And the finished piece of art!  
 
 
 
Now my wall is not so open and blank.  The thing I love most it didn't cost me a cent.  I already had all the supplies. 
 
Even if I had to buy the supplies, the spray paint would have been $6, canvas $10 (or less with coupons) and material or tape maybe $2.   A project less then $20 if you have to buy everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment